Sunday, April 28, 2019

 A Magical, One-of-a-Kind Birthday Card for a One-of-a-Kind Granddaughter



My granddaughter's birthday theme this year is unicorn's, so I created this card using Myths and Magic DSP, Rich Razzelberry card stock, washi tape and a few circle dies.  It's a larger card, 5" x 7", to fit a gift certificate for horse back riding lessons inside.  Shh- don't tell her yet! 

I used a horse image from an unknown brand stamp set since I didn't have the beautiful "Let's Ride" set yet.   I transformed in into an unicorn simple by drawing a cone onto his/her head with a black Stampin' Write marker.The sentiment is from Magical Mermaid stamp set.  The horse's mane and tail were colored in rainbow fashion with Stampin' Blends alcohol markers (LOVE these!). The "mane" image is raised up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope you are inspired by these unicorns and rainbows.  Stay tuned for more mystic creatures... mermaids... for her 2nd card.  Because grandma can never give just ONE card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

June Technique Class

June has been so full of dance recitals, music recitals, concerts, opening the pool, a field trip with my granddaughter and the regular, day...