Saturday, June 15, 2019

June Technique Class

June has been so full of dance recitals, music recitals, concerts, opening the pool, a field trip with my granddaughter and the regular, day-to-day work and tasks that I have not kept up with posting or blogging!  We had our first of 3 classes yesterday, so I want to share with you some of the cards we made and will be making this coming week.  If you would like a pdf tutorial, please email me or comment below and I will send one out to you.


Polished Stone Meets Floating Frame Techniques

I created  different colors of polished stone cardstock, then stamped the outline of butterflies from Butterfly Gala stamp set in Memento black ink.  Using the butterfly duet punch, I punch out about 9 large and 5 small butterflies.  I used them to create the floating frame cards.


From the one sheet of butterflies, we were able to create two different cards.  The above cards are a simpler version and use polished stone paper. Another option was to simply punch out butterflies from the retired Butterfly paper that was available in the last Occasions catalog and Sale-a-bration. You can also stamp the butterflies onto whisper white cardstock, color them with Stampin' Blends and then punch them out. Make sure you have a good supply of Stampin' Dimensionals on hand- you will need to put them of the back of every butterfly after you die cut the shape.

Here are some of the steps to create the floating frames.












Some thought it was a tedious card because of the advanced techniques, but very striking when finished! I found that after making 2 of them, I moved faster and enjoyed creating such a beautiful and unique cards!  I'm looking forward to making more floating frame cards using flowers, leaves or even seashells!

No comments:

Post a Comment

June Technique Class

June has been so full of dance recitals, music recitals, concerts, opening the pool, a field trip with my granddaughter and the regular, day...